In 3 days, I will be taking my firstborn off to college.
12 hours away.
My only girl.
Things I’m Glad I Did
- Was home full-time to watch her grow and change every day in the early years.
- Had tea parties
- played dress ups
- read books
- took her to parks
- took her to museums
- took her on a road trip at age 13
- was honest about my life
- had play dates and watched girls play
- read to her
- sung to her
- laid in her bed when she was asleep to pray for her
- had her daddy step in when she wouldn’t listen to me
- told her daddy what girls need to hear.
- wrote her notes
- made time for her, even when I was tired.
- learned to let go before today
- talked to her about (sex) at different stages
- took her to Bible Study Fellowship
- stood firm even when it hurt
Things I Would Have Done Different
- Trusted God more……. earlier….
- Bit my tongue more often
- walked away more often
- let her and her brothers work out their fights more on their own
- given her space more often
- realized some things just are just that way
- lectured less
- listened more
- prayed more
- been more patient
- appreciated her more
- encouraged her more
- and so much more……..
Daughters are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3