This weeks’ posts at Parents Space include:
- “I’m Proud of You: Parental Insecurities” – lessons in personal insecurities and how it affect our parenting.
- “Communicating with Teens: Decoding the Irrational” – reminders about what teens are saying behind the words they say.
Today’s post at Not Alone Mom should be posted by 12:00 EST.
- “The Millions Dollar Question and the Ten Minutes to Answer It” – a response to a child’s question, “Are you busy, Mom?”
Yesterday I received my third published article (in print)! I will be in the August 2013 edition of The Purpose, a devotional magazine of the denomination I attend. “I learned God is present in the simplest and most humble places, like scrubbing the floor of a drug addict.”
Today I’m putting the final touches on a retreat I’m doing for young moms tomorrow. “Clean Up My Mess” Retreat includes:
- Measuring Up – Looking at the “measuring tools” women have for themselves and how we measure ourselves against other, and the rest that comes in measuring ourselves by God’s standards for us.
- The Balancing Act – Looking at how women struggle with balance in our lives, from the roles we fulfill, to the practical things we have to do, and the struggle between being “Martha or Mary.”
- Pouring Out – Looking at forgiveness of self and others and the essentials of living a grace-filled life so we can pour into others the fullness of Jesus Christ and His love.
Here are some fun giveaways I’ll have for the day, each one connected to the sessions, of course!
Thank you for your prayers as women receive encouragement tomorrow!
Today I’m also speaking to a 5th grade classroom on the Constitution. Love to still teach History!
On a personal note, I’ve been working on a “t-shirt quilt” for my son who’s graduating in May – I’m at the piecing stage. This is what my living room floor looks like!
I hope each one of you has a great weekend!
In His love,